Monday, March 9, 2009

GOP - You've GOT to be kidding!

Original My Space post date: September 2, 2008

I visited one of my favorite internet sites tonight, www.celebrity-babies.com, a fun site that blogs about celebrity babies and features hip baby clothes and toys. I got hooked on it when I was pregnant and check it daily for new baby clothes sites and celebrity baby stories. Imagine my surprise when tonight's main headline was "Alaskan Governor/VP Candidate Sarah Palin's Child Expecting". WHAT...THE...HELL.
But it's true. Sarah Palin's 17-year old daughter Bristol is expecting her first child and she's 5 months pregnant. This announcement just makes my head spin. Sarah Palin pranced into the Presidential race, spewing her religious beliefs, hard-core family values, and sprinkling a little bit of her PRO-LIFE bullshit into every speech she makes. Not to mention her belief in teaching abstinence to our children as the only way to prevent pregnancy.
She is so delusional. Any mother of a teenager cannot think that their child is not having sex, or at least thinking about having sex. This is just ignorance. And any parent who thinks they can preach abstinence and not even mention birth control or condoms to their child needs to WAKE UP. Practice what you preach, right Momma Palin?
So then in doing a Google search on Bristol Palin, I see that there was an internet "rumor" that Sarah's newest baby, Trig, is actually Bristol's. This was the first I had heard of this. What is so funny to me is when Sarah Palin was announced as the GOP's VP candidate, I Googled her. One hit that I searched had a family picture of the Palin Family. In looking at this picture, I thought to myself, "That oldest daughter looks pregnant!" This website below shows Bristol in that picture, blown up to highlight her condition:
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/30/121350/137/486/580223
This site also lists a number of reasons why it is possible that Trig is her child. One of these reasons is that Sarah Palin NEVER LOOKED PREGNANT. Not even to her closest co-workers. In a picture where she claims to be 7-months pregnant, she looks thin and trim as ever. This seems IMPOSSIBLE for a mother who has 4 previous pregnancies. As I first time mom, I didn't show at all until I was about 5 months. But after that, there was no mistaking I was pregnant.
Part of me really sympathizes with Bristol. An unplanned pregnancy is a scary thing, let alone that you're 17-years old and still in high school. I think the part that makes me so mad is that her mother is so devoted to the "Preach Abstinence" platform and it has seemingly back fired on her. But I applaud Bristol for having the baby.
I don't know who to vote for come November. To me, the choice is Obama/Biden, or write-in Hilary. I will never vote for any candidate that does not support Pro-Choice. Nor will I vote for a 73-year old Republican who puts Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from running our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment