Monday, March 9, 2009

Get this Pregnant Girl a Drink!

Original My Space post date: November 5, 2007

The title of my blog says it all. Those of you who have already experienced the joys of pregnancy can totally relate. For those of you who haven't...imagine not having any alcohol for 10 months - almost an entire year! It's enough to drive a person insane. Maybe I'm part alcoholic because a nice glass of wine used to wind me down at the end of a work day. We get to pack what's called a "goody" bag for the hospital. It is supposed to contain items that will help you get through your labor, such as scented lotions, massage oils, lollipops etc. I plan on including a beer or wine cooler for post-partum to sneak when the nurses aren't looking.
Besides the incessant craving for alcohol, my pregnancy is going well. Only 4 more weeks until my due date (I'll be lucky if I go then; most first timers are late) and John and I just finished lamaze/childbirth class this past weekend. While some of the techniques we learned are totally ridiculous (full body meditation), there were a lot of helpful tips (for John especially) on how to get through the labor. I just want to get it all done and over with today! I am really on edge, knowing that the worst pain of my life will happen at some unknown date and time in the next 4 weeks!
John and I are so excited to meet Miss Keira Elizabeth Costello. There is this person who has grown with me for the past 9 months, and I don't even know what she looks like! Will she have lots of dark hair or none at all? Will she look like her dad or me? It's all very surreal. I'll keep everyone posted, but for now I remain as uncomfortable as ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment